Our Mission is to provide world-class clinical care and treatments in partnership with others for the benefit of children in the state. Andhra Hospitals is a recognised centre of excellence for Neonatal and Paediatric intensive care.
We are committed to providing patient-centred, family-focused care to everyone who attends the Andhra Hospitals. We provide 24-hour, consultant-led care for emergency admissions. Child will be cared for by our team of dedicated, experienced nursing staff, led by highly trained Consultants. We provide the very latest technology and state-of-the-art children’s facilities.
- Andhra Hospitals is the largest network of hospitals in Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra Hospitals is group multispeciality hospitals with 650 beds,25 specialities & staffed with 85 full time consultants.
- Andhra Hospitals has the biggest children’s department in Andhra Pradesh with 110 beds, with state of art Neonatal & Paediatric Intensive Care Units, one of the best in the country. It is the only neonatology unit in A.P. recognised by university of health sciences for post doctoral fellowship
- We are well equipped in providing tertairy level Maternal and Fetal medicine services for high risk pregnancies
- Our hospitals provide health care at affordable cost for the past 15 years, helping needy children at minimum or free of charge for those who cannot afford this high quality care.
- So far we helped number of babies (newborn) and children with life threatening medical or surgical problems, emergencies who need intensive care treatment and saved many children.
- Our goal is to help as many children as possible, provide this high quality treatment withoout any financial constraints,so that many children’s lives can be saved with this financial support.
- We are also funding schools to help student fees & books, to undertake and encourage all types of formal and non-formal education programmes and offering scholarships and awards to meritorious and needy students.
CHILDREN’S HEART INSTITUTE
- Dr.Vikram Kudumula Paediatric interventional cardiologist who was trained and worked in United Kingdom for 15 years.
- Cardiac surgeries for neonates, children and adults including minimal invasive surgeries led by Dr.Dilip Paediatric Cardiac surgeon and Dr.Ramesh, Paediatric Cardiac anaesthetist.
- Support from centre of excellence in Neonatal and Paediatric intensive care led by Dr. P.V. Rama Rao
- Paediatric Cradiac intensive care unit is led by Dr.Krishna Prasad who was trained in prestigious institutes in London and Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Association with the international organization, Healing little Hearts, United Kingdom.
- Successfully performed neonatal complex cardiac surgeries including complex arterial switch operation for TGA, aortic arch repairs,coarctation of aorta repairs and BT shunts for pulmonary atresia cases with excellent outcomes.
- Life saving Neonatal and Paediatric ECMO services.
- Permanaent pacemaker implantation for neonates with complete heart block.
- PDA ligation in extreme premature babies in NICU.
- Treating heart diseases without surgery-device closure interventions in Children.
- Minimally invasive Cardiac Surgeries in Children.
- Successfully performed 1000 Neonatal & Paediatric Cardiac surgeries & interventions so far with excellent outcomes comparable to international standards.
PAEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE
- Paediatric intensive care.
- General Services.
FETAL MEDICINE SERVICES
- Meternal & Fetal Medicine Services led by Dr. Padma Paturi & her team .
I am quite happy to inform you that we have started ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) in our Hospital. This is useful in conditions leading to reversible Cardiorespiratory failure in Neonates & Children.
It’s a Pride to our people of Andhra Pradesh, that we have started Neonatal ECMO FIRST TIME IN INDIA. This is my life time dream project which has come true now.
It provides respiratory and/or circulatory assistance for patients with potentially reversible disease that fails to respond to conventional therapy. ECMO can be used to temporarily support failing organs providing time for the organ to recover.
ECMO is life and that it must be considered a viable extension to conventional critical care treatment options.
ECMO is a step ahead conventional and high frequency oscillation which would e useful in the following conditions.
- Performing all complex, neonatal and Paediatric open & laparoscopic Surgeries.
- Round the clock Paediatric Surgical Emergency Services.
- Basic and Advanced Paediatric laparoscopic Surgeries.
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery.
- Neonatal and Paediatric Bronchoscopy for diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
- Endourology,Hypospadias Surgeries.
- ECMO,HFO,iNO availability for Pre-OP and Post-OP care.
- Excellent team of Fetal medicine, Obstetrics & Neonatology for antenatal, Postnatal care and counselling.
- Level III Neonatal Pre-OP and Post-OP care.
- Biggest team of skilled highly experienced Paediatricians monitoring children 24/7.
Expert in Management of various Liver,Gastrointestinal,Pancreas related diseases in infants and children. Expert in advanced endoscopy in infants and children.
First & only qualified consultant paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatalogist & Paediatric Endoscopy Specialist in Telugu States.
- Gastrointestinal,Liver related emergencies in children : Upper and lower Gastro intestinal bleeding,corrosive injuries,Acute pancreatitis and acute Liver failure.
- Chronic Gastrointestinal Disorders in children : Chronic pain abdomen,diarrhoea,vomiting and constipation,Inflammatory bowel disease Manometry,pHmetry.
- Liver related disorders in infants and children : Neonatal cholestasis,Metabolic Liver diseases, Storage disorders,Liver abscess,Liver biopsy.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic in infants and children : Variceal banding,Sclerotherapy Polypectomy,Esophageal and pyloric dilation,argon Plasama coagulation,Foreign body removal,ERCP,PEG placement.
In United Kingdom, he has worked at various Reputed Local,Regional and National reference Hospitals in London, Birmingham and Cardiff areas.He has worked and gained experience in General and Ambulatory Paediatrics,Neonatology,Community Paediatrics and Paediatric Subspecialities including Nephrology,Cardiology,Respirology,PICU,Oncology.He has achieved MRCPCH ,FRCPCH and CCT in Paediatrics from Royal College of Paediatrics and Child health,United Kingdom.
He has pursued his Academic Interests in Paediatric Nephrology at an internationally reputed Hospital in Canada (The Hospital for sick Children,Toronto,Canada) and successfully ‘Fellow in Paediatric Nephrology’ from University of Toronto.
He has broad experience in Paediatric Nephrology services offered at Andhra Hospitals for the treatment of Renal disease which includes
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Glomerular Diseases
- Chronic kidney Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease
- Solitary and Dysplastic Kidneys
- Cystic Kidney Disease
- Acute and Chronic Dialysis (Haemodialysis and Peritoneal)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Lupus Nephritis
- Renal Stones (Vesicoureteric Reflex,Antenatal and Postnatal Hydronephrosis)
CHILDREN HEART SURGERIES
- Started in Dec’ 2015
- Total 20 camps at Andhra Hospitals
- More than 1000 heart surgeries so far.
- Helping hand & supporting children heart disease awareness campaigns.
- Organizing children heart surgery camps once in every 2 months.
- Created awareness in parents & public about the importance of early diagnosis & treatment of children with heart disease.
DR. KALYAN CHAKRAVARTHY
M.D., M.R.C. Psych (London)
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
DR. NIRANJAN PEHERE & TEAM
M.S., Oph (Paediatric & Neuro Oph)
L V Prasad Eye Institute Vijayawada
HEALING LITTLE HEARTS,UK
2015 to till now total 20 camps conducted in Andhra hospitals in association with Healing Little Hearts, UK.
Our success rate was nearly 100% which was possible only because of the team effort of Paediatric Cardiology, cardiac surgical team & Paediatric intensive care team from Andhra Hospitals & UK.
SUPER STAR MR. G. MAHESH BABU SUPPORT & CAMPAIGN
Andhra Hospitals in Association with Mr.G.Mahesh Babu Burripalem Health Camps. Total 5704 Children & Adult were seen & Treated in Health Camps at Burripalem till now
SWARNA BHARATH TRUST
Andhra Hospitals in Association with Swarna Bharath Trust Andhra Pradesh Mr.Venkaiah Naidu Honourable Vice President of India
SOUTH INDIAN CINE ACTRESS MRS SAMANTHA ‘PRATYUSHA SUPPORT’
Andhra Hospitals in Association with Samantha ‘Pratyusha Support’ 2014 – Till Now
ROTARY CLUB IN VIJAYAWADA
Andhra Hospitals in Association with Rotary Club of Vijayawada
Andhra Hospitals in Association with Many Medical Camps
MD(Paed), MRCP(UK), MRCPCH(UK), FRCPCH(UK), FRCP(Edin,UK), FRCPI(Ire), CCT(Paediatrics,UK), Dip., In Allergy(UK)
CHIEF OF CHILDREN’S SERVICES & DIRECTOR
CONSULTANT NEONATAL AND PAEDIATRIC INTENSIVIST
ANDHRA HOSPITALS, VIJAYAWADA, ANDHRA PRADESH.
Sr. Consultant Paediatrician
MBBS, DCH NNF FELLOW
MD (Paed) JIPMER
Consultant Paediatric Intensivist
MBBS, MRCPCH (UK)
Paediatric Cardiology Intensivist
DCH, MRCPCH (UK), FRCPCH(UK), CCT(Paediatrics,UK), CCT(Cardiology,UK)
Head Of Department Of Paediatric Cardiology & Consultant Interventional Paediatric Cardiologist Children’s Heart Institute
MBBS, MS., Mch
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon
MD (Paed), PDCC, DM (Paed. Gastro) SGPGI
Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist And Nutritionist
MBBS, MRCPCH(UK), FRCPCH (UK) CCT – Paediatrics (UK) Fellow Paediatric Nephrology (Canada), CIMHSE (Hong Kong)
Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist
Address:C.V.R. Complex, Governerpet,Prakasam road Vijayawada – 2, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh,India.
Phone:0866-2574757, 2576757, 2571122